Thursday, January 20, 2011

Downtown Fort Collins - aka Old Town...pretty much, sort of..

If you are interested in getting a better vibe for Old Town, then you need to check out this site put together by predominantly Old Town businesses.   There are lots of events that happen in Old Town that are funded, promoted, supported in a number of different ways by the city and the Downtown Business Association. 

We have First Friday Art Walks, Great Plates, concerts galore, and more festivals than you can shake a stick at (sorry to my high school English teacher for ending a sentence with a preposition--she would not be happy).

I live and play in Old Town so I am slightly biased, but I think it is one of the coolest places to be with a very strong sense of community, the kind of place where you always see people you know, you feel comfortable, you feel at home.  Visit Old Town on a warm summers evening after a hard day of hiking, biking or paddling.  Grab a beer and sit on the patio of Coop's (Coopersmith's to the non-locals) and I bet you will want to stay.  I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment